Roman Hagara and Hans Peter Steinacher have won almost everything there is to win on the sea with two Olympic titles and countless world and European champions to their credit. In addition to those accolades come the Austrians’ two-time Team of the Year titles and their distinction as the most successful Austrian summer sports athletes in modern history. But are they done? Far from it. With their participation in the big boat scene the Austrian duo is preparing for their speed machines and the competition with the world’s best sailors. The serial champions will be up against tough competitors and that is why they are meticulously planning their preparation and leaving – as usual – nothing to chance. Since winning Olympic gold in Sydney (2000) and Athens (2004) the world class sailors have been putting their focus firmly on their next big challenge since 2009: the big boat scene. The hugely successful pair has been travelling the world, facing off with the world’s best teams across spectacular locations. Apart from Hagara and Steinacher, the five-man crew also comprises three more professional sailors from the big boat scene as well as one guest per race (in the Extreme Sailing Series).
Hagara and Steinacher are in the top of the leaderboard of Extreme Sailing Series 2015.
- Skipper Red Bull Sailing Team
- Skipper America´s Cup World Series Team Hagara-Steinacher Racing
- Sport Director Red Bull Youth America´s Cup
- Double Olympic Gold Medallist with Hans Peter Steinacher
- 2 World Championship Titles
- 6 European Championship Titles
- 12 National Championship Titles
- Most successful Sportsman in Austrian Summer Sports History
- Two times Sportsman of the Year (2000/2004)
- Sports Director Red Bull Foiling Generation